How does a bicycle plan with an employer contribution work in the Netherlands?
As an employer, it is not mandatory to make a contribution to the monthly fee. However, if you have budget available it can definitely help to stimulate a more sustainable and healthy means of daily commute.Here are the most important things for you to know as an employer:
- It is up to you as an employer to decide the total amount of the contribution per month.
- The remaining costs can be deducted from the employees monthly (net) salary.
- If you pay the full monthly fee as an employer, in the Netherlands it is mandatory for the employee to pay a 7% addition fee over the book value of the bicycle.
- If the own contribution of the employee is higher than the addition fee, the addition fee is eliminated.
- The tax paid over the monthly fee is deductible for you as an employer up to €749 per subscription over a period of 3 adjacent calendar years.
- The employee may remain their mileage allowance for days in which they do not travel to work by bicycle.
- The bicycle may also be used by the employee unlimitedly for private use.